GT Pre-Teaching Advising uses a hybrid model of advising (in-person and virtual). Click HERE for updates about GT’s response to COVID-19.
Regularly scheduled appointments (60 minutes) can be made using Advisor Link if you are a current student or recent graduate. If you are an alum and cannot access Advisor Link, email Susan Belmonte at firstname.lastname@example.org. When you schedule an appointment, you will see options for virtual appointments (Monday – Friday) and in-person appointments (Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Fridays only).For information regarding how to set up appointments in Advisor Link, go to https://neweraadvising.gatech.edu/student-resources.
When you arrive, please take a seat in the lobby of the Career Center, located to the right after you enter the Bill Moore Student Success Center. Your advisor will come to greet you when it's time for your appointment. THERE IS NO NEED TO CHECK IN. (People who are checking in have appointments with Career Center Career Educators, who use a different appointment system.). In the interest of campus health, our advising team asks that students meeting with advisors in person wear masks to their advising appointment, although it is not required. Additionally, virtual advising is available for students and alumni who prefer that option. Thank you for protecting your community!
All advisees and advisors are strongly encouraged to wear masks indoors. To be effective, masks must cover your mouth and nose fully.
For our safety across campus:
- Masks/face coverings are recommended while inside all campus facilities.
- All faculty, staff, and students are strongly encouraged to receive COVID-19 vaccines.
- Stamps Health Services is offering free Covid-19 vaccines at McCamish Pavilion in August and September. https://health.gatech.edu/coronavirus/vaccine
- To make an appointment, go to https://mytest.gatech.edu
- Asymptomatic testing on campus is easy, convenient and free: https://health.gatech.edu/coronavirus/testing
- For updates, guidelines and Q&As: https://health.gatech.edu/tech-moving-forward
- Please note that teleconferencing makes ensuring FERPA privacy difficult. Advisors will conduct video advising in a private location, and we recommend that students do the same to limit the amount of information which could be overheard by others in the vicinity. By agreeing to videoconference-advising, students are confirming they understand this situation.
All appointments are scheduled for Eastern Daylight Time/Eastern Standard Time. Students located in other time zones may contact their advisor directly for scheduling options that better fit their schedules.
Georgia Tech will be transitioning to Zoom in May 2022 and will discontinue the use of BlueJeans. Pre-Graduate Advising drop-in hours and virtual appointments will be on Zoom. See the new link for drop-ins in the drop-in hours section. Details of your Zoom meeting will be included in Advisor Link.
All drop-in hours will now be in Zoom. There are no in-person drop-in hours in an effort to maintain the safety and health of advisors and students. Please note that drop-in hours are public spaces, and anybody with the appropriate link can join. Drop-in hours are not ideal for private conversations. Quick, general questions are best for drop-ins. Schedule a full-length appointment for more personal conversations.
There are no drop-in hours during holiday closures. See below for additional cancellations.
Mondays 8:30-9:30 am (Eastern Standard/Daylight Time) and
Thursdays 3:00-4:00 pm (Eastern Standard/Daylight Time)
Drop-In cancellations: August 112C
https://gatech.zoom.us/j/95522440652 (new link as of 5/4/2022)
Meeting ID: 955 2244 0652
One tap mobile
+13126266799,,95522440652# US (Chicago)
+19292056099,,95522440652# US (New York)
Do not use the drop-in links for regularly scheduled appointments. You will receive access via a claendar invite.
NOTE: Advising via video conference makes ensuring FERPA privacy difficult. Advisors will conduct video advising in a private location and recommend that students do the same to limit the amount of information which could be overheard by others in the vicinity. By agreeing to video conference-advising, students are confirming they understand this situation.